Mon, Oct 23|
5 Day Field Training Officer Class -Oct 23-27, 2023-Nashua, NH
Hosted by the Nashua NH Police Department Location: 28 Officer James Roche Dr., Nashua, NH 03062 Oct. 23-27, 2023 Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2023, 8:30 AM EDT – Oct 27, 2023, 8:30 AM EDT
Nashua, 28 Officer James Roche Dr, Nashua, NH 03062, USA
About the event
Cost : $475.00
This 5 Day Field Training Officer Class is based on the original San Jose FTO Program. It is CALEA and MPAC Accreditation compliant. It is designed for Veteran Officers to teach them how to develop their leadership skills necessary to effectively train and properly evaluate today's recruit officers or lateral transfers in preparation for their solo patrol duty.
Officers attending will learn:
Their roles and responsibilities as quasi-supervisors in the FTO Program.
- Ways to tailor their department’s program to fit their department’s own needs.
- Different teaching methods and styles include “Facilitated Learning Techniques” and the “A.L.A.” Teaching method developed by JET Public Safety Training.
- "Adult Learning styles” and how to apply them to this generation.
- Practice completing Daily Observation Reports (DORs) and learn
- How to consistently evaluate, grade, and document their trainee’s performance by practicing and completing Daily Observation Reports (DORs) based on Standardized Agency Guidelines (SAGs),” tips and tricks” and formulas developed by JET Public Safety Training.
- How to recognize and deal with trainees who are struggling or need additional remedial training.
- How to manage potential liability issues in training new officers to include de-escalation and a duty to intervene.
Officers will leave with confidence and an extensive knowledge from a comprehensive Field Training Officer Resource Guide and “Task” book designed to assist them through the FTO Program. Officers who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion. Officers must complete all 5 days of training.
Lt. Joseph Thibodeau is currently in his 33rd year of Law Enforcement. Joe is a level IV FTO Coordinator/lead Instructor and a Level IV Report Writing Instructor/Coordinator for the MA Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC). He has been instructing at numerous police academies and privately since 2000. He has trained thousands of reserves, recruits and veteran officers as well as supervisors in numerous disciplines including FTO, Report Writing, Suicide Prevention, Arrest and Processing and Communication. He is considered a subject matter expert in FTO and Report Writing.
Capt. John Newton (Ret.) is a 32-year veteran of Massachusetts municipal policing retiring from the Greenfield PD. John is a Level IV Instructor Development trainer, serving on the MA Statewide Instructor Development Steering Committee since 2010.
He is also a Level IV FTO instructor having taught in this topic area for the MPTC since 2003. Newton has been an adjunct trainer and curriculum developer for the MPTC in myriad subject areas since 1987. After retiring, John spent 4 years as a full-time Associate Professor of Criminal Justice with Odessa College in West Texas and continues to instruct online courses for them. He maintains a certification through the IADLEST as a Nationally Certified Instructor.
Any questions email Lt. Thibodeau at info@JETPST.com or call 978-494-0930