Thu, Dec 14|
Portsmouth Police Department
Field Training Program Coordinator (SAC) Course (1)
Dates: Thursday-Friday Dec. 14-15, 2023 Times: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Location: Portsmouth Police Department 3 Junkins Ave. – Portsmouth, NH 03801
Time & Location
Dec 14, 8:30 AM EST – Dec 15, 8:30 AM EST
Portsmouth Police Department, 37 Bombardier Rd, Milton, VT 05468, USA
About the event
Cost: $345 per student
FTO-SAC (Field Training Program Coordinator's Course) will provide the student with a fundamental understanding of the development, management, and maintenance of a law enforcement agency’s FTO program (FTP). The course will provide students with a leadership block that will enhance their ability to effectively supervise field training officers and trainees. Students will have the opportunity to examine and use the essential forms and processes to positively impact their FTO program and agency. Whether the role as the FTO Supervisor/Coordinator is your primary duty or it is collateral, this course will aid you in updating and strengthening your field training program. (While this course will provide an overview of GSPCC's FTO Course so that you are familiar with it, this is not a Field Training field supervisor's course.)
- The components of GSPCC’s San Jose Model FTO Course, certified by IADLEST and the National Certification Program™.
- Leadership principles applied to the supervision of an FTO program.
- Forms and practices associated with the San Jose Model Field Training Program.
- Legal and liability ramifications, including trainee retention and termination vs. resignation, related to maintaining a Field Training Program.
Included NEW to 2023, attendees receive:
- GSPCC flash drive with all forms, documentation, and templates related to the course and development and updating a Field Training Program
- *Informal consultation of one the following areas of your department’s Field Training Program:
- Department FTP Forms
- FTO Manual
- Recruit Training Manual
*Informal consultation is optional and will be scheduled with GSPCC staff. It includes a review and recommendations via email.
To register for this class, visit GS-PCC.com
For cancellation and refund information, refer to the GSPCC policy on the course submission page