Wed, Jun 21|
New England HIDTA-Training Room
Human Trafficking in Narcotics Investigations
Location: New England HIDTA, 13 Branch St, Methuen, MA 01844 Date: Wednesday June 21, 2023 Time: 9:00AM- 5:00PM COST: No Fee! Class is free!
Time & Location
Jun 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
New England HIDTA-Training Room, 13 Branch St, Methuen, MA 01844, USA
About the event
COST: No Fee! Class is free!
There are an estimated 50 million human trafficking victims worldwide. In the United States alone, 400 thousand people are exploited through either sex trafficking or labor trafficking. In 2021, these traffickers earned approximately $150 billion dollars, more than any fortune 500 company including Apple, Amazon, Disney, General Motors and Ford. What does human trafficking have to do with narcotics trafficking, and how can taking this training help my narcotics investigations?
This training is the same course that is provided to the DEA, US State Department and numerous law enforcement agencies throughout the US. It is Human Trafficking in Narcotics Investigations, and it covers the direct correlation between human trafficking and all levels of narcotics investigations, from street level to transnational trafficking.
- What is human trafficking
- The differences between human trafficking and human smuggling
- How traffickers select and groom their victims
- How narcotics are related to human trafficking
- How and why the Mexican drug cartels have expanded into human trafficking and human smuggling
- How to recognize the signs of human trafficking
- What to do when you encounter a human trafficking victim; Proactive and reactive investigative steps to further your investigation
- How to investigate human trafficking-What to do when on the scene; Device interrogation; Electronic exploitation; OSINT resources
- What to ask for in your court orders; Means of relief for victims, and who to contact for referrals and assistance.
- Training is open to Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement Personnel
To Register: Click on the link below
Please pass this training opportunity along to your law enforcement partners and agencies