top of page
This course is focused for new and existing K-9 Handlers, Supervisors, and K-9 Trainers to provide a much-needed and often Accredited required K-9 update. Participants will be actively engaged using videos, classroom exercises, and classroom scenarios. Handlers are NOT required to bring their dog, however, there will be frequent breaks during the class so handlers can check and exercise their dogs.
- Block #1 – Participant Introductions and purpose of K-9 Units.
- Block #2 – K-9 Unit Leadership, Policy, Culture, and Liability.
- Block #3 – Training, Use of Force, Drug/Explosive Searches, and other deployments.
- Block #4 – Media, Public Relations, Budgets, and next steps.
Course Objectives: Handlers/Supervisors in this course will be exposed to:
- Does the community need a K-9 and why?
- K-9 Unit Leadership.
- K-9 Liability Aspects, Mutual Aid Issues.
- K-9 Culture and Social Media.
- Basic training, certifications, and in-service scenario-based training.
- Media and Public Relations.
- Use of Force and Deployment- How is the Graham Standard changing for K-9.
- Search policy.
- Care and Maintenance/FLSA issues.
- Budget Preparation.
- Future of K-9; Next Step.
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT
This event is available by special invite-only.
Please sign in to an approved account to get access
Your account does not have access to this event.
If you feel this is in error, please reach out to us here
bottom of page